As you have seen in the May newsletter, we are planning to have in-person Sunday worship again, starting on May 23 at 10:30 AM.
We will be following the guidelines set by Massachusetts and the size of our sanctuary.
Based on the current guideline, there are only about 60 seats of capacity.
So, you must call or church beginning of each week to let us know how many will be attending.
Sadly, we will have to cut off at 60 people and we will take on the order of reservation (first come first base).
We will still be offering virtual worship as we have been doing since we closed the building.
We understand that not everyone feels safe to come so look for your virtual worship link on Saturdays in your email or you can also worship on Facebook on Sundays.
Here are other expectations and guidelines:
- Any church staff, volunteer, or member experiencing symptoms related to Covid-19 (including, but not limited to, fever, chills, cough, difficulty breathing, or diarrhea) must stay home.
- Anyone exposed to someone testing positive for Covid-19 must get tested and quarantine for two weeks before returning to church.
- Anyone returning from travel outside of the state must follow Massachusetts quarantine guidelines.
- Due to limited sitting, one must call or email the church and let the church know how many will be attending each Sunday.
- Anyone over the age of two entering the church must wear a mask at all times, excepting when approaching the lectern to give a reading.
- Everyone is expected to maintain six feet of distance from anyone else not a member of their immediate cohabiting group, including family members who do not live together.
- We will be marking the entrance and exit, as well as the allowed places to sit in order to guarantee the social distancing of 6 feet between each person.
- The entrance will be the main door of the Sanctuary and the exit will be the door that is in the middle of the building, duly sign posted.
- The bathrooms we will use will only be the ones located by the office on the main floor and one will use the provided disinfected wipes after use to wipe down the toilet and sink.
- There will be no singing during worship.
- No eating or drinking is permitted.
- Anyone who is unable or unwilling to follow these rules will be asked to leave the premises.
If you have any questions or concern, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Church Closing Information due to snow storm can be found on the following channels: CBS (4), ABC (5), NBC (10), and CW (56) on your TV, or radio station WBZ AM 1030. The church office will be closed when the Lynn schools are closed.
Bishop Sudarshana Devadhar intends to appoint Pastor Sandra as the new Senior Pastor of Carter Memorial UMC in Needham, MA effective July 1, 2021, subject to fulfilling all the requirements needed for a successful transition by the pastor and the respective churches affected by the appointment. The appointment will be finalized at the 2021 Annual Conference Session of the New England Conference.
May 18th, 7pm. Join others for a time of fellowship, sharing stories, lifting each other up in prayers.
A Zoom link will be sent to you.
Bible Study: Book of James
Sundays at 7:00 pm
Join others as we study the book of James each Sunday evening through Zoom.
BIRTHDAYS AND ANNIVERSARIES
5/1, Jennifer Powell
5/2, Virginia McDormand
5/3, Colleen Cuthbert
5/4, Evan St. Pierre
5/5, Roger Tinkham
5/6, Craig McEachern
5/6, Matthew Wheeler
5/8, Sabrina Fellah
5/10, Wayne Jenkins
5/13, Trevor St. Pierre
5/14, Marsha Robinson
5/17, Faith Morrison
5/19, Nancy Comeau
5/22, Pius Roberts
5/23, Caden McEachern
5/24, Karen Cuthbert
5/26, Nancy Nickola
5/27, Fran Lezott
5/19, Bill & Kristin Melendez
5/20, Dean & Marsha Robinson
5/26, Thomas Watkins & Joan Comeau
5/28, James & Cheri Smith